With the weather being absolutely perfect this past weekend, we hung out at our friend’s house and sat on their deck. They hosted a Korean BBQ and with all the delicious food pretty much covered, I decided to bring this simple, delicious Blackberry Limeade that I read about in Cooking Light.
This recipe has few ingredients and is really simple to make. You’ll need blackberries, water, lime juice, sugar and ice. Pretty easy! One alteration that I made was adding some Lime La Croix for a little fizz.
I didn’t add alcohol to the full pitcher, but you can easily add a splash of vodka to your glass to make it a fun summer cocktail. It’s so sweet and refreshing and the color is really vibrant.
You should also check out my Watermelon Water – maybe I’ll bring that one next time.
What are some of your favorite summer drinks?
- 6 cups water, divided
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar, to taste
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 6-8 limes depending on the size)
- Optional: Thin lime wedges, fresh blackberries and La Croix
- Place 1 cup water and 3 cups blackberries in a blender and process until smooth.
- Press blackberry puree through a sieve into a large pitcher; discard seeds.
- Add remaining 5 cups water, sugar, and juice to pitcher and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Pour into glasses with ice.
- Leave room for a splash of La Croix and lime wedges, if desired.
All images © Regan Baroni 2016.