After a long morning of editing images in our tiny office upstairs, I was inspired to make this Blood Orange Salad with Mixed Beans that I saw in Bon Appétit magazine. It looked so colorful and refreshing and it’s just as delicious as it is pretty.
As I enjoyed the salad and soaked in all the natural light pouring into our living room, it dawned on me that I need to move my home office into this bright room.
The back area of our living room has been begging for some love since we moved in. There’s a lot of space and tons of natural light – it’s basically a no-brainer. Since our large entryway acts as my studio and is right next to this back area of our living room, moving my desk and computer there will make it much easier for me to shoot tethered. Tethered simply means that my camera is connected with my computer so when I take a picture, it displays nice and big on my monitor for me to review.
Do you work from home? What’s your home office like?
BLOOD ORANGE SALAD WITH MIXED BEANS
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups cooked mixed beans (I used black eyed peas and butter beans)
- 2-3 blood oranges, peeled, pitted and sliced into rounds or wedges
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of broccoli sprouts (or sprouts of your choice)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (extra for garnish if desired)
- Salt and pepper
- Combine olive oil, red pepper flakes, lime juice and red wine vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 cups of cooked, mixed beans and toss to coat.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add oranges, celery, broccoli sprouts and cilantro leaves to the beans.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss once. I decided to add more lime juice to taste as well.
- Garnish with more sprouts and cilantro, if desired.
Did you make this recipe?
Show me! Tag @reganbaroni on Instagram.
All Images © Regan Baroni 2016.