BLOOD ORANGE SALAD WITH MIXED BEANS
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cups cooked mixed beans (I used black eyed peas and butter beans)
- 2-3 blood oranges, peeled, pitted and sliced into rounds or wedges
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of broccoli sprouts (or sprouts of your choice)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (extra for garnish if desired)
- Salt and pepper
- Combine olive oil, red pepper flakes, lime juice and red wine vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 cups of cooked, mixed beans and toss to coat.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add oranges, celery, broccoli sprouts and cilantro leaves to the beans.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss once. I decided to add more lime juice to taste as well.
- Garnish with more sprouts and cilantro, if desired.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/blood-orange-salad-recipe/