BLUEBERRY PEACH PIE WITH ROSEMARY
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One tablespoon freshly chopped Rosemary
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Two store bough pie crusts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out one of the pie crusts and place it gently in the bottom of a pie pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the blueberries, peaches, vanilla, flour, sugar, salt, rosemary, lemon juice and lemon zest together until well combined.
- Pour the blueberry peach mixture into the pie pan on top of the pie crust.
- Create the top crust of your choice. I made a lattice crust.
- Sprinkle top of crust with a little cinnamon.
- Place pie pan on top of a baking sheet to catch any juices that bubble over and place on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until juices are bubbling and the crust is starting to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and lightly brush the crust with the egg wash. Be sure the juices are bubbling before you brush the crust with the egg wash, because the egg wash will brown the crust quickly.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 15-20 minutes.
- Slice and serve with an extra sprinkle of sugar on top.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/blueberry-and-peach-pie-with-rosemary-recipe/