So, guess what? Our blender broke! It just wouldn’t start one morning. It was a wedding gift, which was five years ago now, but I have no idea what happened. I had all of my smoothie goodies piled in and ready to get blended and… nothing. Secretly, I was thrilled and I’ll tell you why in a second. In the meantime, I had this Blueberry and Blackberry Sauce with Yogurt recipe (no blender required) from Cooking Light.
So Delicious Dairy Free Yogurt
In the midst of shopping for the recipe ingredients, I happened to discover So Delicious Dairy Free Yogurt. I didn’t even know this existed! I picked up a couple of containers of their plain, dairy-free yogurt along with the other few ingredients that I needed and headed home to make this easy fruit and yogurt combination.
Isn’t it pretty? The colors and swirls made me want to do a photo shoot immediately.
Time For An Upgrade
So, getting back to why I was happy that our blender broke… Mike has been wanting to get a Vitamix for a while. But, since we already had a blender, I couldn’t justify making the purchase… until now. I can’t wait!
Do you own a Vitamix? Which kind should I get?
BLUEBERRY AND BLACKBERRY SAUCE WITH YOGURT
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- 2/3 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter 2 cups plain reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- Add the first five ingredients to a small saucepan and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and gently boil until sauce thickens, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the butter.
- Spoon yogurt into bowls and top each with about 1/4 cup of the sauce or more, if desired.
- Top with additional blueberries or blackberries.
I used dairy free plain coconut milk yogurt by SO Delicious ®. Use their vanilla flavor for more sweetness, if desired.
All images © Regan Baroni 2016.