BROILED SALMON WITH SCALLIONS AND SESAME
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 Fresno chile, thinly sliced
- 2 or 3 salmon fillets, skin on (6-8 ounces each)
- Whisk garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, 1 Tbsp. oil, and ½ tsp. sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- Season salmon fillets with salt half of marinade and place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Seal bag, pressing out air, and let salmon sit 30 minutes. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Toss scallions with remaining 2 tsp. oil on sizzle platter; broil until lightly charred, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove salmon from marinade and set on top of scallions.
- Spoon some reserved marinade over salmon and broil until the salmon is charred around edges, about 5- 6 minutes.
- Spoon more marinade over and top with chile.
- Broil until salmon is charred, about 2 minutes. Salmon temp should read 145 degrees.
- Sprinkle with more sesame seeds and serve.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/broiled-salmon-recipe/