CELERIAC AND APPLE SOUP WITH CRISPY SAGE
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 1 celeriac, chopped
- 4 Pink Lady apples, sliced, cored and quartered
- 2 teaspoons Thyme, leaves picked
- 8 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crispy Sage Leaves
- Hazelnuts, chopped
- Coconut milk
- Heat the oil in a dutch oven or large soup pot.
- Add the onions and celery and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until softened.
- Add the celeriac, apples and thyme and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and simmer on low heat for 30-40 minutes.
- Transfer soup to a Vitamix or high power blender and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to dutch oven or large soup pot. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the sage leaves until crispy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and garnish with olive oil, coconut milk, crispy sage leaves and hazelnuts, if desired.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/celeriac-apple-soup-crispy-sage-recipe/