Merry Christmas Eve! I am very excited to share this delicious, sexy, fool-proof Chocolate Crinkle Cookies recipe with you. ‘Tis the season for cookies, am I right?
The first time I made these I wasn’t sure that those cute crinkles would form. How can it be a crinkle cookie without the crinkle? My Mom always told me that you must cool the dough for at least 4 hours before you bake the cookies. Be sure you have the time to let the dough sit in the fridge before attempting the recipe. You can even let it chill overnight.
They’re so delicious and chewy and chocolaty. I recommend bringing these to a party or to work because otherwise you may eat the whole batch yourself. I almost did.
I shared this recipe on Food52, so stop by and see all the comments and feedback! One of my favorite suggestions was the addition of Maldon sea salt on top. YUM!!
CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix cocoa, white sugar and vegetable oil.
- Beat eggs in one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; then stir in the cocoa mixture.
- Cover the dough and let chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours. This step is very important to get the crinkle in the cookies.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls.
- Coat each ball with confectioners’ sugar before placing on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies should flatten more as they bake.
- Let cookies sit on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Did you make this recipe?
Show me! Tag @reganbaroni on Instagram.