CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix cocoa, white sugar and vegetable oil.
- Beat eggs in one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; then stir in the cocoa mixture.
- Cover the dough and let chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours. This step is very important to get the crinkle in the cookies.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls.
- Coat each ball with confectioners’ sugar before placing on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies should flatten more as they bake.
- Let cookies sit on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/chocolate-crinkle-cookies-recipe/