CHOCOLATE MOUSSE PIE WITH OREO CRUST
- 20 Double Stuffed Oreo cookies, blended into crumbs
- 2-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Dulche de Leche caramel sauce
- Maldon sea salt
- Blend the Oreo’s in a Vitamix or food processor until they are finely ground into crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and blend again until well combined.
- Place the buttered crumbs into a 9-inch pie pan and press evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan.
- Place the Oreo crust in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval.
- Using a standing mixer, mix the cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- Gently add the melted chocolate and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared Oreo crust and spread evenly.
- Place in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- Cut into slices and sprinkle with Maldon sea salt and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/chocolate-mousse-pie-recipe/