CILANTRO CHILE TOPPING FOR OYSTERS
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup peeled pear, finely diced
- 1/4 cup seedless cucumber, finely diced
- 1 Serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro, extra for garnish, if desired
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper 12 oysters, shucked
- In a small pan, toast the coriander seeds over medium heat until fragrant (1 minute or so).
- Let cool, then crush the seeds in a mortar.
- Mix the crushed coriander with all of the remaining ingredients (except the oysters).
- Arrange shucked oysters on crushed ice and spoon topping over each oyster.
I used Blue Point and Delaware Bay oysters.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/cilantro-chile-topping-for-oysters-recipe/