CILANTRO PESTO PIZZA WITH SHRIMP
For the Cilantro-Pesto:
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh, flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Pizza:
- 1 pound pre-made pizza dough (you will only use about half)
- Buffalo mozzarella (4-5 small balls torn up or more, if desired)
- 8-10 medium or large uncooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll about 1/2 of the dough on a lightly floured surface. If you don’t have a rolling pin (like me), use a chilled wine bottle to help roll the dough flat.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and place on a baking sheet in the oven for about 10 minutes or until crust starts to get lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the Cilantro-Pesto ingredients and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the shrimp with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper and sauté in a pan over medium heat until cooked through (they will be opaque).
- Spread a few tablespoons of the cilantro pesto over the pizza and top with buffalo mozzarella, cooked shrimp and cilantro sprigs.
- Place in the oven until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes (keep an eye on it).
- Serve hot.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/cilantro-pesto-shrimp-pizza-recipe/