COUNTRY APPLE GALETTE
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 Golden Delicious apples
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Lemon juice, about half of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 box pre-made pie crust (1 box = 2 crusts)
- Optional: I bought 1 box of pre-made at the market (1 box has two crusts), but you can make your own if you’d like.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel, halve and core the apples and slice them crosswise 1/4 inch thick.
- Set aside the larger center slices and coarsely chop the end slices and any broken ones; about half of the slices should be chopped.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread the chopped apples over the pastry to within 1 inch of the edge.
- Decoratively arrange the apple slices on top in concentric circles or in slightly overlapping rows.
- Drizzle the honey and lemon juice over the chopped apples.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the apples and dot with the pieces of butter.
- Fold the pastry edge up and over the apples to create a 1-inch border.
- Bake the galette for 45-50 minutes until the pastry is nicely browned and the apples are tender.
- Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/country-apple-galette-recipe/