- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained & rinsed
- 1 small jar pimento, rinsed and diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced, seeds and stems removed
- 2 poblanos, diced, seeds and stems removed
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1-2 bunches of scallions, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients and mix together well.
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine the sugar, olive oil and rice vinegar.
- Stir while bringing to a boil and let boil for 1 minute or so.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the oil/sugar mixture to the beans and peppers. Mix well.
- Let chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Drain the mixture so it doesn’t sit in too much oil and become soggy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in containers in the fridge and serve with chips or other dinner varieties.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/cowboy-caviar-recipe/