CUCUMBER AND MINT SOUP
- 4 cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup plain yogurt, low fat if desired
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 scallions, white and green parts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dice one of the cucumbers, and set aside for garnish. Cut the others into large chunks.
- Combine cucumber chunks, garlic, yogurt, lemon juice, and water in a Vitamix or blender and puree until smooth.
- Add scallions and mint leaves, reserving some of the mint for garnish, and puree briefly. Season with salt and pepper, and add more lemon juice if a more tart flavor is desired.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Stir well before serving, and ladle into bowls
- Garnish each serving with diced cucumber, mint leaves or lemon rind.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/cucumber-and-mint-soup-recipe/