FIG AND SERRANO JAM
- 1 pound fresh figs
- 1/2 serrano pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place all of the ingredients in a sauce pan and stir to combine.
- Bring the mix to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 30-40 minutes. The longer you simmer, the thicker the jam will become. If it gets too thick, slowly add a little water to help thin it out. You might need to adjust some flavors so the water doesn't dilute them too much.
- Remove the thyme sprigs and pulse the jam with an immersion blender to reduce the chunks, if desired.
- Pour the jam into a jar and keep refrigerated for up to two weeks. This recipe made between 4 and 5 ounces of jam, so be sure to double the recipe if you'd like to make a bigger batch.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/fig-and-serrano-jam-with-lemon-and-thyme-recipe/