FRESH PICO DE GALLO
- 2 cups tomatoes, finely diced and rinsed
- 1 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, de-seeded and diced (can substitute with a jalapeño, if desired)
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 limes, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Let chill in fridge for 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Taste and adjust flavor balance to your liking.
- Store in an air-tight container in fridge for up to one week.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/fresh-pico-de-gallo-recipe/