GARDEN GREENS SANDWICH WITH GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
For the Green Goddess Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons dairy free greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
For the Pickled Red Onions:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
For the Sandwiches:
- Multi Grain Bread of your choice
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced with a mandoline
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 medium avocados
- Fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced and pickled
- To prep the dressing, mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- To prep the red onions, whisk first 3 pickling ingredients and 1 cup of water in a small bowl until sugar and salt dissolve.
- Place sliced onion in a jar and pour mixture over.
- Allow to sit for about an hour.
- Drain onions before using.
- To prep the sandwiches, slice the cucumber, green pepper, tomato, avocado and mozzarella.
- Spread the goat cheese on one slice of multi-grain bread and layer with cucumber, green pepper, tomato, avocado, mozzarella, green goddess dressing and a sprinkle of microgreens.
- Top with the other slice of multi-grain bread and enjoy!
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/garden-greens-sandwich-with-green-goddess-dressing-recipe/