- 1 or 2 tenderized baby octopus (your local seafood market will prep it to grill)
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Juice from 1 lemon or lime (1 lemon or lime per octopus)
- Pico de gallo, if desired
- Cilantro, if desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the grill. Turn all burners on high or if using charcoal assemble charcoal on one side of the grill.
- Rub octopus with olive oil and drizzle with salt and pepper.
- Grill octopus for 6 or 7 minutes per side. Don’t exceed 20 minutes or it will become too tough.
- Remove from grill and drizzle the juice of one lemon or lime over the top.
- Serve with pico de gallo and cilantro, if desired or use other garnishes of choice. One octopus makes a great appetizer to share, but if using as an entree, one octopus per person is recommended.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/grilled-octopus-recipe/