KEY LIME PIE IN A JAR
For the Crust
- Graham cracker crumbs (about 18 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (a little less than half a stick)
For the Filling
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 5 limes)
For the Topping
- Whipped cream
- Lime zest for garnish
- Graham cracker crumbs for garnish
- 4 - 8 ounce mason jars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place graham crackers in a ziploc bag and smash until the crackers become fine crumbs.
- Add crumbs, sugar and pinch of salt to a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Drizzle melted butter into the crumb mixture and stir with a fork until blended.
- Spoon portions of the graham cracker crumb mixture evenly into 4 - 8 ounce mason jars. Don’t press the crumbs down too hard or they will be hard to scoop up with the spoon.
- Add lime zest, lime juice and sweetened condensed milk to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture evenly in each jar.
- Bake on a baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Let cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes, then cover with lids and place in fridge for at least 3 hours, until fully chilled.
- To serve, top with whipped cream, extra lime zest and graham cracker crumbs.
Roll the limes on a hard surface before juicing to help loosen the juices.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/key-lime-pie-recipe/