LAVENDER LEMONADE WITH ROSEMARY
- 1 cup sugar
- 4-5 cups of water
- 10-12 lemons, enough for 1 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 tablespoons dried lavender (I purchased 1 ounce from Spice Merchants)
- Optional: Vodka or Prosecco
- To create a simple syrup, combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the lavender and rosemary.
- Cover and let sit for 30-40 minutes.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to a pitcher.
- Strain the simple syrup to remove the dried lavender and rosemary from the liquid.
- Add the simple syrup to the pitcher with the lemon juice and add 4-5 cups of water, to taste.
- Taste to be sure the flavors are balanced. Add a little more sugar or water to reduce tartness. Add the juice of a lemon to add more tartness.
- Add a splash of vodka or Prosecco, if desired, and serve with sliced lemons and sprigs of rosemary.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/lavender-lemonade-recipe/