LEMON BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus extra for garnish
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, beat egg, almond milk, butter and vanilla.
- Pour egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until flower is moistened (batter will be a little lumpy). Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the tops are golden. You can test the doneness by sticking a toothpick in the center of the muffins. If it comes out clean, they're done.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/lemon-blueberry-muffins-recipe/