LEMON GARLIC WINGS
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon, peeled or finely grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 to 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 teaspoons of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano cheese for serving
- Combine garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, honey, olive oil, salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken wings, seal bag, and turn to coat.
- Chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat.
- Remove wings from marinade and place, skin-side-up on grill.
- Cover grill and cook until fat has rendered and an instant-read thermometer reads close to 165º F, about 10 minutes.
- Move the wings over direct heat.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until wings are golden brown and slightly charred, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stay close to watch for the occasional flare up. Note: If this happens, move the wings to a slightly cooler part of the grill.
- Remove wings from grill and baste with the second batch of the sauce.
1. Add honey to balance the citrus from the lemon, to taste.
2. I made two batches of the sauce. One for marinating the chicken and another batch to baste over the wings after pulling them off the grill.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/lemon-garlic-wings-recipe/