OYSTERS WITH SERRANO AND LIME MIGNONETTE
- 1-2 dozen oysters, shucked
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon finely diced red onion
- 1 Serrano chile or jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix together the vinegar, lime juice, honey, onions, jalapeño, chopped herbs and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Let sit in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Shuck the oysters, being careful to reserve the oyster liquor (liquid).
- Top each oyster with a teaspoon of mignonette and serve immediately.
I used Kusshi and Sunset Beach oysters from the West Coast.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/oysters-with-serrano-and-lime-mignonette-recipe/