PEACH PIE WITH LEMON AND THYME
- 4 large peaches, pitted, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 box pre-made pie crust (2 per box)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out one roll of the pie crust and line the bottom of a deep pie dish. Refrigerate.
- Toss peaches with sugar, lemon zest and juice, thyme and flour.
- Transfer into the pie pan on top of the bottom crust.
- Roll out the other half of the pie crust.
- Make the top pie crust of your choice. I made a lattice crust.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Place a baking sheet on a lower rack beneath the pie pan to catch any juices that might boil over. Note: If you skip this step and the juice boils over, you will have to clean your oven to avoid filling your kitchen with smoke.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour or until the crust is golden and the juices are bubbling.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/peach-pie-recipe/