POTATO KALE SOUP WITH LEMON AND FETA
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, chopped (4 cups)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped kale or spinach
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano (If using dry oregano, reduce amount to 1/4 teaspoon)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Rock cabbage microgreens for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until tender. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in broth and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in kale/spinach and oregano.
- Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until kale has wilted.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and remaining olive oil.
- Add zest a little at a time, to taste.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with feta cheese and additional lemon zest, if desired.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/potato-kale-soup-recipe/