PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE DONUT BITES
- 1-1/2 cup cooked pumpkin mash (I used 1 can of organic pumpkin pie mix)
- 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs whisked
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4-5 cups of vegetable oil to deep fry
- 2 cups sugar
- 100 grams dark chocolate bar
- Mix the flour, baking powder, eggs, salt and cinnamon with the mashed pumpkin.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan and using a spoon, scoop the batter into the hot oil and fry until golden brown. The oil should be around 375 degrees Fahrenheit for the best results.
- Drain on kitchen paper and transfer to a bowl with the sugar.
- Coat the fritters with the sugar and set aside. You can also just sprinkle with the sugar if you don’t want as much sugar coating the doughnut bites.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the pumpkin doughnuts and serve.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/pumpkin-chocolate-donut-bites-recipe/