QUAIL EGG BREAKFAST SANDWICHES
- Mini bagels, or bread of your choice
- 4-5 strips of bacon
- 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1-2 avocados
- Arugula microgreens
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Quail eggs (1 per serving) or substitute with regular sized eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the bacon for 10-12 minutes on baking sheet to desired crispiness.
- Remove from oven, place paper towel on a plate and let bacon cool and absorb fat drippings. Once cool, tear into 2 -inch pieces and set aside.
- Slice tomatoes and sprinkle with a touch of salt, set aside.
- Scoop 1 avocado into a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Sprinkle avocado spread with a little lime juice and a little salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
- Add quail egg into pan with a little olive oil (just to coat the pan) and cook sunny side up over medium-low heat.
- Toast bread or bagel to desired crispiness.
- For the layers: bagel half, avocado spread, 1 tomato slice, bacon, quail egg on top garnished with arugula microgreens.
I got my Quail eggs and Microgreens from American Pride MicroFarm in Naperville, IL.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/quail-egg-breakfast-sandwiches-recipe/