QUAIL EGGS WITH CHICKPEAS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 small container of pico de gallo
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Quail eggs (2 per serving)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add chickpeas to the skillet.
- Stir occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of pico de gallo (or add as much or as little as you’d like).
- Add chopped cilantro and stir together with chickpeas and pico de gallo for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a separate skillet, add two quail eggs.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes for more runny yolks or 1-2 minutes longer for less runny yolks.
- Spoon the chickpeas and pico de gallo mix onto a plate.
- Top with quail eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/quail-eggs-chickpeas-recipe/