Don’t you love how a little lemon can transform the flavors of so many different foods? It’s such a simple ingredient and it really brightens everything up. Lemon is a game-changer for broccoli, so I wanted to share this Roasted Broccoli with Lemon and Garlic with you.
The recipe is so easy and very healthy. And, as swimsuit season approaches, I’m all over it. I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think!
You should also check out my Honey Roasted Carrots.
ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH LEMON AND GARLIC
- 1-2 heads broccoli, separated into florets
- 2-3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3-4 lemon slices
- 1/2 of one lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, add the florets, extra virgin olive oil, pepper, lemon zest and minced garlic.
- Toss to combine.
- Spread the broccoli out on a baking sheet along with lemon slices.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes or until the florets are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove and transfer to a serving platter.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the broccoli, to taste.
Did you make this recipe?
Show me! Tag @reganbaroni on Instagram.
All images © Regan Baroni 2015.