ROASTED CAPRESE SALAD
- 2-3 medium tomatoes on the vine, sliced
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Dried oregano
- Fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces or sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, whole or julienne cut
- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place sliced tomatoes on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add a pinch of dried oregano to each slice.
- Roast the tomatoes for 10-12 minutes, until they are simmering and fragrant.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Place tomato slices on a plate and top with fresh mozzarella, basil leaves and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/roasted-caprese-salad-recipe/