ROASTED CAULIFLOWER SOUP WITH TRUFFLE OIL
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks (white parts only), about 2 leeks
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1-2 heads of cauliflower, chopped (1 large or 2 medium-size)
- 7 cups low sodium vegetable broth, plus more depending on desired thickness
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted cashews
- Fresh ground pepper
- Fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 3-4 slices hickory smoked bacon, finely chopped
- Truffle oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If using bacon for garnish, place 3-4 slices of bacon on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Roast bacon for 10-12 minutes depending on desired crispiness.
- Remove bacon and allow to cool before chopping into bits. Then, set aside.
- Place the chopped cauliflower on a separate baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast cauliflower for about 20 minutes and remove once starting to get brown on the sides.
- In a dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté the leeks, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon of salt until leeks are soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté for another minute.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, until the cauliflower is completely tender.
- Remove from heat and allow the soup to cool slightly. Stir in the nuts.
- Carefully pour the soup into your Vitamix, select the Hot Soup program and let complete, or start the machine and gradually increase to the highest speed and blend for about 5 minutes.
- If you're using a regular blender, blend until desired consistency.
- Transfer soup back into the dutch oven and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with truffle oil, bacon bits and parsley.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/roasted-cauliflower-soup-recipe/