I’m just going to say it… I don’t care about the Super Bowl. I’m more of a baseball fan, so I’m indifferent when it comes to football. However, I know we’ll be hanging out with our friends and eating a variety of delicious food on GameDay and those are two things I never feel indifferent about. This year I’m bringing Roasted Pears with Brie and Pistachios to the party.
The recipe is inspired by Eating Well. I really enjoy the sweet, creamy and salty flavors together. It makes a lot and is super easy to throw together. Not to mention, it’s a really unique recipe to share. If you’re looking for some other tasty ideas for game day recipes, you should check these out too:
What are some of your favorite recipes to bring to the party?
ROASTED PEARS WITH BRIE AND PISTACHIOS
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 ripe pears, preferably Bosc
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, cut into slices
- 4 teaspoons chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk mustard, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise, hollow out the core and slice a small piece off of the other side so they will lay flat.
- Brush all over with mustard glaze and place cored side down in the baking pan.
- Bake the pears for 30 minutes, basting halfway through with the glaze.
- Gently turn them over, baste again and place slices of Brie in the hollow of each pear.
- Bake until the pears are tender and the Brie has softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle each pear with pistachios.
Did you make this recipe?
Show me! Tag @reganbaroni on Instagram.
All images ©Regan Baroni 2017.