I’m just going to say it… I do not care about the Super Bowl. But, I love hanging with my friends and the Super Bowl always brings us together. So, this year I’m bringing Roasted Pears with Brie and Pistachios to the party… and trust me… it’s amazing.
Inspired from Eating Well
I didn’t have a ton of time to come up with my own recipe, so I referred to Eating Well for this one. I really enjoyed the sweet, creamy and salty flavors combined. The recipe makes a lot, so it’s perfect for a party.
ROASTED PEARS WITH BRIE AND PISTACHIOS
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 ripe pears, preferably Bosc
- 2 ounces Brie cheese, cut into slices
- 4 teaspoons chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat a metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk mustard, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise, hollow out the core and slice a small piece off of the other side so they will lay flat.
- Brush all over with mustard glaze and place cored side down in the baking pan.
- Bake the pears for 30 minutes, basting halfway through with the glaze.
- Gently turn them over, baste again and place slices of Brie in the hollow of each pear.
- Bake until the pears are tender and the Brie has softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle each pear with pistachios.
All images ©Regan Baroni 2017.