ROASTED RED PEPPER & CAULIFLOWER SOUP
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped (19 ounces)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: Microgreens, chopped basil & crispy cauliflower for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place cauliflower florets on a large baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Toss and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cauliflower is starting to brown and is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove the cauliflower leaving about a cup of the florets in for 10 minutes longer to get a little extra brown to use as garnish.
- Remove from oven and set the extra brown florets aside.
- In a large pot, heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the roasted cauliflower, roasted red peppers, vegetable broth, and paprika. Turn the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or Vitamix, blend the soup until soup is creamy and smooth.
- Stir in the fresh basil.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with fresh basil, microgreens and crispy cauliflower, if desired.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/roasted-red-pepper-cauliflower-soup-recipe/