SASHIMI SALAD WITH CITRUS SOY
- 7 ounces sushi-grade salmon, skin removed or pre-packaged smoked salmon
- 2 limes
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Frisée lettuce
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Grate the zest of 1 orange and 1 lime into a bowl.
- Squeeze 1 tablespoon of juice from the orange and 2 tablespoons of juice from the limes.
- Whisk in the soy sauce and mix together well.
- Let sauce sit in the fridge to chill, about 30 minutes.
- To toast the sesame seeds, warm a pan over medium to low heat.
- Add seeds to dry pan. 7. Stir frequently and watch to be sure you don’t burn them. This should only take 1-2 minutes and you’ll start to smell a slight nuttiness.
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice the cucumber as desired.
- Sprinkle frisée lettuce on a salad plate.
- Add salmon as desired and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
- Add cucumber and microgreens as desired.
- Drizzle lettuce and salmon with the citrus soy dressing and serve immediately.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/sashimi-salad-with-citrus-soy-recipe/