FLATBREAD WITH RICOTTA AND POMEGRANATE SALSA
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils/seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 serrano seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Flatbread or fresh pizza dough
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven and allow to warm for 1-hour.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pomegranate seeds, dried cranberries, serrano, cilantro, lime juice and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place flatbread or rolled out dough on parchment paper for easy transitioning into and out of the oven.
- Lightly brush the dough with olive oil before placing in the oven.
- Toast the dough until the edges are lightly toasted, about 5-10 minutes. Oven temps are different, so be sure to keep an eye on it, because it will cook fast.
- Remove the dough from the oven and place on a cutting board.
- Spread ricotta lightly and evenly over the warm flatbread.
- Sprinkle a bunch of arugula over the ricotta and cut into serving pieces.
- Top each slice with pomegranate salsa.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/seven-seasonal-salsa-recipes/