ROASTED TOMATILLO SALSA
- 1 lb. tomatillos, de-husked, washed and halved
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 5-6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 jalapeño
- A handful of cilantro
- 1 lime 1 teaspoon of sugar (plus more to taste, if desired)
- A pinch of salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lay out the tomatillos, garlic, jalapeno and onions on it.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are soft and partially blackened.
- Remove the baking sheet and let veggies cool down for 10 minutes.
- Remove seeds from jalapeño.
- Place everything into a Vitamix.
- Add a handful of cilantro, a pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon of sugar and a little bit of lime juice.
- Blend until it’s all combined and adjust spice and sweetness as desired.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/seven-seasonal-salsa-recipes/