FLANK STEAK WITH GRILLED CORN SALSA
For the Dry Rub:
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
For the Steak and Grilled Corn Salsa:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grill
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- 1⁄4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice salt & pepper to taste
- 1.5 pounds flank steak
- Daikon radish microgreens
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; oil grate.
- Grill corn, turning occasionally, until lightly browned all over, about 8–10 minutes; let cool.
- Cut kernels from cobs and place in a medium bowl.
- Add onion, jalapeño, tomatoes, cilantro, microgreens and lime juice to corn and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Set salsa aside.
- Meanwhile, coat steak with all of dry rub, packing on more than once if needed, and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. oil to help rub adhere.
- Grill steak, turning occasionally and moving to a cooler spot on grill as needed, until nicely browned about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- Return steak to grill just to recrisp exterior, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer back to cutting board and slice against the grain.
- Serve topped with salsa and additional microgreens, if desired.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/seven-seasonal-salsa-recipes/