FIG AND SERRANO JAM PIZZA WITH GOAT CHEESE
- 10-12 ounces fresh pizza dough
- 3 medium sweet onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 5-6 fresh figs, sliced
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fig & Serrano Jam (see recipe)
- 1 jalapeño, sliced, if desired
- Place a pizza stone on the middle rack in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and let pizza stone warm for 1 hour.
- Roll pizza dough into a 10-12 inch circle, or shape of your choice and pierce with a fork.
- Place dough on a sheet of parchment paper. This helps with transferring the pizza on and off of the pizza stone.
- Place butter and onions in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Stir the onions every 5-10 minutes to be sure they are cooking evenly and not getting burned. They will start to soften and become translucent.
- After 30 minutes, the onions will start turning light brown and will start to caramelize. Continue checking the onions and stirring for about 50 minutes to an hour until onions are caramelized.
- Remove the onions from the heat.
- Spread Fig & Serrano Jam over the pizza dough.
- Next, scatter the caramelized onions over the pizza dough.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of goat cheese sprinkled over the pizza dough.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Toss the arugula with olive oil, salt and pepper and sprinkle over the pizza.
- Add sliced figs and sprinkle with additional goat cheese, if desired.
If pizza is too sweet, add additional slices of jalapeño.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/seven-unique-pizza-recipes/