GARDEN GREENS PIZZA
Adapted from Cooking Light
- 12 ounces fresh pizza dough
- 8 cups of water
- 1 cup medium-thick asparagus spears, trimmed and cut diagonally in half
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces (3/4 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, shaved lengthwise into thin ribbons using a mandoline (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Let pizza stone warm in the oven for about one hour.
- Roll dough into a 13-inch circle on a large piece of parchment paper and pierce with a fork.
- Place dough (on paper) in preheated stone for about 4 minutes.
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add asparagus and peas and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain and place asparagus and peas into ice water.
- Drain again and pat dry.
- Combine ricotta and garlic in a small bowl.
- Spread mixture over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Top pizza with mozzarella, asparagus and peas.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Toss zucchini with lemon juice and salt.
- Remove pizza from oven and top with zucchini ribbons, lemon rind, basil and black pepper.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/seven-unique-pizza-recipes/