- 1 pound ripe tomatoes on the vine, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bacon slices
- 10 ounces of fresh pizza dough
- Flour to help roll the dough
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 cup baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack.
- Arrange tomato slices on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle tomatoes with oregano and black pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove tomatoes; keep pizza stone in oven.
- Arrange bacon slices on a different baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until desired crispiness.
- Remove from oven and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Break into pieces after they've cooled.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees.
- Combine mayonnaise, olive oil, chives and garlic in a small bowl.
- Using well-floured hands and a little flour on the counter, roll/pat dough into a 10-inch circle.
- Place rolled dough on pizza peel and pierce the dough with a fork.
- Transfer to preheated pizza stone and bake for 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove pizza stone and brush mayonnaise mixture over the crust leaving a 1-inch border. 15. Top with tomatoes and bacon and mozzarella slices.
- Bake 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 5 minutes.
- Top with arugula and cut into slices.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/seven-unique-pizza-recipes/