SIMPLE MARGHERITA PIZZA WITH EXTRAS
- 1 bag of fresh pizza dough from your local market (makes two pizzas)
- Flour for rolling out the dough
- Red, green and yellow tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil, whole leaves and some roughly chopped for garnish
- Shredded Romano cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle some flour on the counter.
- Roll out the dough. If you don’t have a rolling pin, use a chilled wine bottle to help roll the dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place rolled dough on top.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and add large basil leaves for the bottom layer.
- Add the sliced, fresh mozzarella and layer it on top of the basil. Space the slices out because it will spread as it heats.
- Add the sliced tomatoes to your liking.
- Brush the tops of the tomatoes with a little more olive oil.
- Add the sliced onion to your liking.
- Sprinkle shredded Romano cheese on top.
- Place pizza in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until crust reaches desired crispiness.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/seven-unique-pizza-recipes/