SMOKED SALMON WITH A POACHED EGG
- 8-12 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced from your fish market
- Eggs (1 per person)
- Half red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Baby spinach leaves and frisée mix (or other lettuce of your choice), roughly torn
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Lemon slices or wedges, if desired
- Optional: Penzey’s Sunny Paris Seasoning
- Bring pot of water to a boil and then bring down to a simmer.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Crack one egg at a time into a small bowl and carefully drop egg into the pot.
- Let egg poach for 3 minutes for runny or 4-5 minutes for less runny.
- Remove egg with a slotted spoon and gently place on a plate to cool slightly.
- Add spinach, frisée mix and sliced onion to a bowl and lightly drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste to be sure flavors are balanced.
- Arrange spinach and frisée mix on a plate and top with smoked salmon and poached egg with lemon slices.
- Optional: Sprinkle with Penzey’s Sunny Paris Seasoning.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/smoked-salmon-poached-egg-recipe/