I love how dinner parties bring friends and family together and this recipe for Spicy Asian Peanut Noodles will definitely get everyone’s attention.
My good friend Bomie made this recipe for us when she and her husband, Clay hosted a dinner party recently. In the midst of talking about work, kids and upcoming adventures, we all took our first bite and were immediately silenced by the amazing combination of flavors. We all had at least 2 or 3 servings and I immediately asked Bomie for the recipe so I could make it again and share it with you.
My advice is to chop the veggies first. Then, prep the sauce while the noodles are boiling. It all comes together so easily that way. Heat lovers: I added Sriracha to my plate for a little extra kick. I don’t recommend adding it to the whole batch since everyone’s spice level is different. It’s delicious with and without the extra kick.
SPICY ASIAN PEANUT NOODLES
For the Noodles:
- 1 package spaghetti or linguine
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced poblano or green pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Optional: Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions; drain; rinse in very cold water and drain again.
- Place cooled noodles in a large bowl and toss with the carrots, scallions, bell pepper and poblano slices, cucumber and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle the sauce over noodles.
- Toss to coat well. Serve room temp or cold.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
Did you make this recipe?
Show me! Tag @reganbaroni on Instagram.
All images © Regan Baroni 2015.