SPICY ASIAN PEANUT NOODLES
For the Noodles:
- 1 package spaghetti or linguine
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced poblano or green pepper
- 1/2 cup julienned cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Optional: Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions; drain; rinse in very cold water and drain again.
- Place cooled noodles in a large bowl and toss with the carrots, scallions, bell pepper and poblano slices, cucumber and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle the sauce over noodles.
- Toss to coat well. Serve room temp or cold.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/spicy-asian-peanut-noodles-recipe/