SPICY PINEAPPLE SAKE SANGRIA
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced crosswise
- 4-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- One 750-ml bottle dry filtered sake
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Optional: Sliced jalapeños for garnish
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil with the sugar and jalapeño, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Let cool completely, then strain the syrup; discard the jalapeño.
- In a large pitcher, combine the jalapeño syrup to taste, pineapple juice and sake and stir well. Add the sake to the pineapple juice to taste. Then, add the jalapeño simple syrup to taste to be sure it’s a comfortable level of spice/heat. I did not add all of the sake or all of the jalapeño simple syrup.
- Refrigerate until well chilled, about 1 hour or overnight.
- Serve over ice in tumblers, garnished with fresh mint leaves and additional sliced jalapeño, if desired.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/spicy-pineapple-sake-sangria-recipe/