SPICY SRIRACHA RAMEN
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sriracha hot sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small roma tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3 packages ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Optional: Fried eggs
- Add the sesame oil and Sriracha to a large stockpot and bring to a simmer over medium-heat.
- Add the onion and tomato and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and seasonings; cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add 2 cups of water and transfer mixture to a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Return mixture to the pot and add the broth.
- Bring to a simmer; add soy sauce and vinegar (if using), and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add the ramen noodles to the broth and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the noodles have softened.
- Add the scallions, stir to combine.
- Remove pan from heat, ladle soup into bowls, and top with cilantro and fried eggs.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/spicy-sriracha-ramen-recipe/