The holidays are right around the corner and I’m excited to take a break. Who else is ready to put their feet up and sip something tasty? Mike has been enjoying a dairy-free Spiked Holiday Nog recently and when I discovered how easy they are to make, I thought I’d share it with you. ‘Tis the season for nog, am I right?
Bourbon or Rum
Mike recommends a good bourbon or a dark rum with this drink, but typically uses bourbon. The rest of the ingredients include ice, cinnamon, freshly grated nutmeg and of course, eggnog. And, if alcohol isn’t your thing, you definitely don’t need it with all the other flavors going on. So simple, right?
Mike tried this recipe with a dairy-free almond milk nog and it tastes really, really good! It tastes thick and creamy without actually being “creamy.” This is a major win-win for me and my dairy-free readers.
What are some of your favorite holiday drinks?
DAIRY-FREE SPIKED HOLIDAY NOG
- 4 ounces holiday nog of your choice
- 1 ounce of dark rum or bourbon
- Pinch of cinnamon or cinnamon sticks
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Using a tumbler cocktail glass, add ice to your liking.
- Pour holiday nog, followed by rum or bourbon over ice.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (or add a cinnamon stick) and fresh nutmeg.
- Taste to be sure seasonings are to your liking.
We used dairy-free Almond Milk nog
All images ©Regan Baroni 2017.