SPINACH PASTA WITH TOMATOES AND BASIL
- Pasta of your choice
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes (some whole, some cut in half)
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Bring large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to instructions.
- Reserve 3/4 cups of the pasta water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, and sauté for a minute being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cook tomatoes for about 5-7 minutes until juices start to burst.
- Add the cooked pasta.
- Add reserved pasta water a little at a time until pasta is coated.
- Add the basil and Parmesan cheese and gently toss until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with additional Parmesan and basil leaves, if desired.
Recipe by Regan Baroni at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/spinach-pasta-roasted-tomatoes-recipe/