STRAWBERRY NECTARINE GALETTE
- Two pie crusts, rolled out
- 1 pint of strawberries, thinly sliced
- 5-6 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place rolled out pie crust dough on parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the strawberries, nectarines, sugar, cinnamon and thyme and gently mix together.
- Add the fruit mixture on top of the pie crust, leaving 1.5 inches around the outside of the dough for folding.
- Fold the edges up around the fruit mixture, leaving the middle exposed.
- Add dabs of butter on top of the fruit mixture.
- Brush the tops of the folded crust with the egg wash.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the crust is a nice golden brown.
- Be sure to let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe by REGAN BARONI at https://reganbaroni.com/blog/recipes/strawberry-nectarine-galette-recipe/